The objective of this Continuing Medical Education course is to equip healthcare professionals with a deep understanding of the functional nutrition approach to weight loss. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate and assess the underlying factors contributing to weight gain and obesity through a functional nutrition lens.
- Apply advanced nutritional concepts and personalized dietary strategies to design effective weight management plans for patients.
- Interpret and utilize specific biomarkers and diagnostic tools for identifying metabolic imbalances and nutritional deficiencies related to weight issues.
- Implement evidence-based interventions that address inflammation, hormonal imbalances, gut health, detoxification, and other aspects to support sustainable weight loss.
- Integrate behavioral psychology and lifestyle modifications into weight management programs to enhance patient adherence and success.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare teams to provide comprehensive and individualized care for patients struggling with weight-related concerns.
- Develop a foundational understanding of the role of supplements in supporting weight loss.
- Discuss the role of how nutrition and lifestyle modifications of patients today can epigenetically impact the health and well-being of future generations.