This CME course is intended to empower healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to approach weight management from a holistic and functional perspective, ultimately improving patient outcomes, and overall well-being, and impacting the health of future generations.
The objective of this Continuing Medical Education course is to equip healthcare professionals with a deep understanding of the functional nutrition approach to weight loss. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate and assess the underlying factors contributing to weight gain and obesity through a functional nutrition lens.
- Apply advanced nutritional concepts and personalized dietary strategies to design effective weight management plans for patients.
- Interpret and utilize specific biomarkers and diagnostic tools for identifying metabolic imbalances and nutritional deficiencies related to weight issues.
- Implement evidence-based interventions that address inflammation, hormonal imbalances, gut health, detoxification, and other aspects to support sustainable weight loss.
- Integrate behavioral psychology and lifestyle modifications into weight management programs to enhance patient adherence and success.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare teams to provide comprehensive and individualized care for patients struggling with weight-related concerns.
- Develop a foundational understanding of the role of supplements in supporting weight loss.
- Discuss the role of how nutrition and lifestyle modifications of patients today can epigenetically impact the health and well-being of future generations.
This CME course is intended to empower healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to approach weight management from a holistic and functional perspective, ultimately improving patient outcomes, overall well-being, and impacting the health of future generations.
Relevant Financial Disclosures:
Relevant Financial Disclosures:
The following planners, faculty, and reviewers have no relevant financial
relationships to disclose.
Nikki Burnett, MS CNTP MNT (Faculty)
Kimberly Archuleta (Planner, Reviewer)
Karen Kaminskas (Reviewer)
Brian G. McAlary, MD, CHCQM, (Reviewer)
For questions regarding the content or access to this activity, contact Kimberly Archuleta/ email@example.com
Instructions for Participation:
Participants must complete the activity online during the valid credit period that is noted above.
Follow these steps:
1. Read the target audience, learning objectives, and faculty/planner/reviewer financial disclosures provided above.
2. View of the videos and other required educational content provided on this course page.
3. After completion of the viewing of the videos and other materials, you will be provided access to the Activity Evaluation. We request you complete the Activity Evaluation to provide the necessary feedback for continuing accreditation purposes and for the development of future activities.
4. Additional optional articles on this topic are included for your review. ***NOTE Please fill out the Post Activity Evaluation after the last lesson to receive 1 AMA PRA Category 1 .5 Credit(s)™.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Medical Academy and Ala Carte CME. Medical Academy is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.